Wednesday 17 June 2015

Eilidh competing in the high jump



Name: Eilidh Macleod
Nickname: Tall Eilidh
Sport/Discipline: Athletics
Sporting Hero: Sanya Richards-Ross and Allyson Felix 

 Best Achievement in Sport:

Throughout the period of time I have been competing I feel that all ,y best achievements are happening now at the beginning of the season. Every 200m race I have done this year have been consistent ant PB's and breaking 27 seconds has been the biggest highlight so far as well as being chosen for the island games.

How are you preparing for the Island Games?
On the run up to the games my plan is to keep training hard and trying to achieve those consistent PB's in the hope that I'll be hitting the correct times for the Island Games which I a determined to do. the training sessions that my coach has given me seem to be paying off and I have put my trust in him to help me develop to my full potential as well as me having to put the hard work in. ill just be keeping on training hard and stick to my weekly routine preparing myself for Jersey,

What are your targets for the games?

So far I haven't set any large goals or aims because this will be my first Island Game experience but to hit around 26 seconds in the 200m is a definite target.

What are you most looking forward to at the games?

The atmosphere is something that I am excited for experiencing the buzz of such a brilliant sporting event. Obviously I'm raring to go and get my spikes on and run the best race ever but for me as well as this being a competition I am accepting this as being one huge experience and I'm just waiting on June to come around.